top of page
  • Writer's picturelegitigo


Have you been ordered deported and want to keep fighting your case? Read on for ways to continue the fight!

Having a deportation order can be a daunting, uncertain, and terrifying experience. However, it is important to know what your options are, and that a deportation order is not the end of the line.

If you want to keep fighting, and try to have your deportation order reversed, then you may have options!

First thing to do is order a copy of your immigration court file. Alternatively, you can ask your former attorney for a copy of your file. The file is your property, and you are entitled to a copy of it.

Next, an experienced immigration attorney can review your court file to see if you qualify for an appeal, or a motion to reopen. It is important to contact an immigration attorney as soon as you receive a deportation order because you can only file a notice of appeal for 30 days after the issuance of your deportation order. After that, you lose your chance to file the appeal.

If you are outside of the 30-day appeal window, you may be able to file a motion to reopen.

Motions to reopen are powerful tools, as they provide you with a way to get your case back in front of the immigration judge to consider new facts or evidence that were unavailable at your original hearing.

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page